Friday, January 23, 2009

Project 52, Week 3

Well, Week 3 of Project 52 is almost over. I couldn't chose between two photos I have taken this week, so as a bonus you get both! How's that? I am still on Queensland's Sunshine Coast, and yesterday took a drive into the hinterland area of this region. What beautiful scenery, and gorgeous towns. The tourist drive was through the townships of Mapleton, Montville and Maleny. All are typical Queensland towns with beautiful 'Queenslander' style homes. My favourite was the township of Montville - which brings me to my photos for Week 3 of Project 52. The first photo was taken in a bit of a hurry, so it's not that good and I'm not happy with it! The weather up here can be tropical, and when we set out for our 'tourist drive' the weather was sunny and hot, albeit very humid. By the time we arrived at Montville the rain had started, and as a result the photo was taken after I had braved the rain (whilst trying not to get my camera wet).
Anyway, the second photo - and my favourite - is of the township name sign as you drive into the main street of Montville. I love the blue/grey of stone work and the and how it is set amongst the green of the trees and garden area. I always take a photo of the name of the town I am visiting or the name of the lake/national park/tourist attraction I am photographing. Especially if the photo is of scenery, it's a great way of recalling where you took it.

Heading home tomorrow ... and back to normality. Thanks for visiting. Bye for now.

4 comments:

Carol said...

I have just been catching up on your last couple of weeks. A couple of years ago I stayed at Twin Waters and loved it.. and went to Montville and loved it too. While there it poured rain so DH and DS stayed in the car while I ran from shop to shop looking. You have reminded me I want to go back sometime lol. Love the photos you took.

Anonymous said...

I really like that picture of the Montville sign. Do all towns have pretty signs like that? Here we only have road signs. Blue with white plain text. Very booooooring. LOL.

Kylee said...

Hi Linda ... The Montville sign is beautiful, and to answer your question ... no not all towns have signs like this. There are some that do, but generally speaking the signs are just boring road signs (just like yours!!) LOL.

Kristin Reinhard said...

Hey Kylee - thanks for the tag! Not sure if i have 5 cyber friends but will give it a go!
So glad you have enjoyed your trip up the Sunshine Coast. Twin Waters is a fav spot and we usually stay a week each time we are back in Brisbane visiting family. As a kid my parents used to take us there too. Unfortunatly wont get to this trip, but my DH has already looked into staying there for some time at Christmas! Its such a lovely spot. Love Montville too! Hope you had a great Aussie Day!