Friday, January 2, 2009

First layout for 2009!

I've done it! ... My first layout for 2009. Completed tonight. I haven't been doing many layouts lately. I've been a bit 'stuck' creatively, and haven't been that motivated to complete a layout. Probably a result of the time of year, and that I have been trying to practice photography when I have a spare moment. I absolutely love this layout, and it was completed (and scraplifted!) from a tutorial by Amanda Taylor from TaylorMade Designs. I have recently found Amanda's blog and love her style. Head over there to view the tutorial and the link to the action used (a freebie from PanosFX.com). I would have to say that this is one of my favourite layouts - not only because its subject is my beautiful niece taken on here 23rd birthday, but because I love the effect the action (and Amanda's use of it) produces.

Supplies - Paper: ateets_whitietighties_pp_01, Font: VT Portable Remington (defont.com), Photo Actions: B&BIG Picture (PanosFX.com), Acid Wash Pro (EZ Actions), Staples: Vinnie Pearce_I_live_for

Thanks for visiting. Bye for now.

2 comments:

TaylorMade Designs said...

WHOA!!!! ok... oh my gosh! this turned out SO incredible! what a PERFECT photo you chose and i LOVE the soft and muted colors you placed around it!! thank you SO much for your kind words and i can't TELL you how excited i am that you enjoyed the tutorial and that it helped make a layout that you love!! this is really beautiful! -amanda

Anonymous said...

This is really pretty K. You did so well.

I have been checking out Amanda's so very inspirational LOs as well.