Friday, February 6, 2009

The hottest place on the planet?

Well, that's what the Australian media are reporting today. The weather in Sydney today has been a 'scorcher!' - to coin an Aussie phrase. With more of it to come this weekend. The Bureau of Meteorology predicts that temperatures this weekend will reach 44 to 47 degrees Celsius (111-116 degrees Fahrenheit), and that parts of Australia will be the hottest place on the planet! The planet! Well, 'the planet' is extreme, and I think that's a little media hype. What I do know is 44 is mighty hot, and I know where I will be spending most of this weekend - that's right, in air-conditioned comfort! If what is reported comes true, I will NOT be leaving the house. That's for sure! ;) South Australia and Victoria have also been experiencing heat-wave conditions recently. Queensland, on the other hand, is in the grip of cyclone conditions and flooding rains - with more storms predicted. What is happening?...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found this funny given what I just posted on MY blog!
(Not that burning up is any fun, to be sure!)

Carol said...

OMG I couldn't help but laugh that we have used the same blog heading! Yes it is all over our radios atm.
We only hit 38 today now at 4pm it is down to 36. I am not looking forward to tomorrow.

Kristin Reinhard said...

So at this point in time I am very glad that I am in Switzerland, in our 0 degree weather!!! Hope you survive the heat Kylee. Hope it cools down for March - not sure how I would handle coming from Winter into such hot weather!