Saturday, October 4, 2008

Makin' Bread

I made buttermilk bread today. I have recently purchased a Thermomix machine, and I can say that I absolutely love it!! It does almost everything, except baking and frying. I can make a pasta sauce, pasta dough, pizza dough, mix cakes, make soup... the list goes on. Which brings me to today ... today I made buttermilk bread. It's not like a bread machine, so obviously I baked it in the oven, but the dough mix was mixed AND kneaded by my new toy!! Here is a picture of the Thermomix and the bread that I made!
































A couple of classes over at Jessica Sprague have been keeping my quite busy lately. I recently took the Type+Writer class. I recommend it to anyone who want to expand on their writing skills, especially for digi scrapping. You also learn a little bit about yourself! But I don't want to give away too much. Right now I'm in the middle of the Oh Shoot! Photography course with Candice Stringham. I can't begin to explain how great this course is. We are in Week 3, and our lesson is 'Manual' ... arrgghh! I'm improving though, and I have come to realise that I need A LOT practice :). The course comprises of 1 lesson a week for 6 weeks. Within that lesson throughout the week you have a theory component and then an assignment to complete. The assignment is to put into practice the theory you have studied (obviously!). This was the picture I used for me Week 3 assignment. This photo was taken entirely on manual mode. I have to chose the aperture, shutter speed and ISO to achieve a correctly exposed photo. I know I have room for improvement, but don't think I did a bad job!!! :0























Thanks for visiting. Bye for now.

No comments: