Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Big 40!

It had to happen some day. And that some day was last Monday. The 5th of April, 2010. I turned 40! I had a wonderful day. My family surprised me with a party (I had no idea!). I only have half of the photos at the moment as I'm waiting for my niece to download her photos. She was in charge of the photography for the day, and she did a wonderful job. Thanks Alex. I always hate photos of myself, so it pains me to put this storyboard up, but I am anyway. My party was fantastic, and I had an absolute ball surrounded by my family and friends. The day was over far too quick. I can't wait to get all the photos so I can re-live the day again!

My dear friend, Donna, bought me the Tiffany birthday cake. What a divine cake! It was chocolate mudcake inside (yum!) , but I didn't want to cut it. I wanted to just pack it up and take it home and never cut it. She knows how much I love that store! I ran a Polaroid action over it. I love this action. It gives it a bit of a 1970s feel - appropriate don't you think?

My friends daughter, Sophia turns 12 tomorrow, and I've made her card. She's not 'girly' and doesn't like pink, so I chose the green and colourful polka dots. I'm really happy how it's turned out, and I hope she likes it too.

I haven't done much digital scrapbooking lately, because so much has been going on. And if I'm completely honest I haven't felt like doing any digi scrapping at all lately (mainly since my external hard drive fried and I lost layouts that I hadn't backed up!). Hopefully I'll be able to make a few pages soon. I've got loads of photos to scrap. My friend Donna turned 50 in early February, my brother-in-law turned 50 at the end of February, and my birthday now. There's 3 layouts there already!

Thanks for visiting. Bye for now.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday, Kylee! You'll catch up to me before you know it!! ;)
Thanks for the birthday wishes for Emily, too.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! That cake looks so beautiful and delish!