My friend Tammy has posted over at her blog about her love of milk in glass bottles. I fondly remember growing up and getting our milk in glass bottles. Tammy has found a dairy in her US state that is selling milk in glass bottles at her local grocery store. This made me think - do we have dairies here in Australia that bottle their milk in glass bottles?
Next step, I Googled it (doesn't everyone Google everything these days!). I have found a great website - Slow Food Australia, that wants to bring the glass milk bottle back to Australia (you can visit it here). I didn't realise that the glass milk bottle was discontinued in Australia as recent as 1996. It feels like we've been buying milk in a carton for a lot longer than 14 years. The site states that there are over 33 dairies in the US that bottle milk in glass bottles. Come on Australia, let's see if we can get the glass milk bottle back. From my quick Google search, I think there are a small number of Australian dairies distributing their milk in glass bottles. Next step, we have to find where we can buy them.
Thanks for visiting. Bye for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment