Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Birthday Layout.

I have another layout that I've just completed. Last year my mother turned 70, and my sisters and I gave her a surprise party. She had a fantastic day, and had no idea about what we had planned. My mother and my nephew celebrate their birthdays just one day apart. March 2008 was my nephews 21st birthday, and my mothers 70th. We were extremely busy with his party preparations, that I think my mother thought the last thing we would do the day after a 21st birthday party would be to back up and have a 70th birthday party. So, that's exactly what we did - and she had no idea about her party.

I have wanted to scrap a page for her, but I have just been unable to. Her invitations were a light purple colour, and the cake had the same coloured ribbon on it. For some reason I was really having trouble with this colour palette and anything I started was on the delete list soon after. I just couldn't 'get it' how I like it. So, I didn't attempt another layout until recently. I really like what I've come up with. I like the colours and I like the layout. I followed a sketch from GotSketch? Here's my layout:

Supplies:
Paper - ASO_TexturedCardstock_Purple_Purp4, ASO_TexturedCardstock_Purple_Purp2, MRE_WellLoved_Paper_PurpleFloral (scrapgirls.com)
Embellishments: CT-Scallop-9 (jessicasprague.com); DigitalDates_Vol4-MARgrunge, KP_StitchedJournalingStrips, KPertiet_OnWings-6 (Designer Digitals); Hof3_InCirclesFrame6_RF (House of 3)
Fonts: Happy Daze, Bleeding Cowboy, Marcelle Script (dafont.com); Arial Black, Century Gothic
Layout Sketch: gotsketch.blogspot.com Valerie Salmon, Sketch No. 69

Thanks for visiting. Bye for now.

No comments: